Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What Does Interlibrary Loan Cost
- John F. Moss library does not charge for the Interlibrary Loan service however some libraries do charge for lending.
- Please indicate on the request form the highest fee you are willing to pay for the material.
- We will try to fill your request free of charge or at the lowest fee possible.
- For faculty, please check with your department to ensure it will cover the cost, if any. If not, you will be personally responsible for the cost.
- You must request a renewal before the due date written on the ILL band on your item. The library will then request a renewal from the lending institution. Do not presume that the renewal will be granted, It is up to that institution to honor the request. If renewal is not granted you must return the item by the due date. If the item come with "no renewal" conditions, we will request it from another institution if possible. Contact the library if this is the case.
- Late fees for ILL materials are .50 cents per item, per day. if you lose or damage a book, the JFM Library may place a hold on your account through the Business Office for the amount invoiced by the lending library.
- The lending library determines loan length. You may only borrow the item for as long as the lending library has indicated. Borrowed items are sometimes renewable. Renewal requests can be request by calling the Interlibrary Loan Department.
- Items with due dates (any materials other than articles) must be returned to the Library Circulation Desk on or before the due date.
Document Delivery for Distance Education Students
- Distance Education students who do not reside in Texarkana may request books owned by the JFM Library using Get It For Me. The Materials will be checked out with an extended due date and mailed to the Distance Education student’s home address. Instructions regarding returns will be provided with the item(s).
- If you are in need of a book that is not owned by this library, please contact us by email or phone with your request information. firstname.lastname@example.org or 903-223-3094.
- Distance Education students are also encouraged to use interlibrary loan for articles, which are delivered electronically.