Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
When should I use Worldcat Discovery?
Worldcat Discovery is a great place to start your research. It will assist you in quickly locating relevant resources on your subject with having to decide which database(s) to search. The Online Catalog is included in the search. When using the Worldcat Discovery, you are capable of limiting your search results in a variety of ways whic include date range. source type, subject, and scholarly designation.
When should I NOT use Worldcat Discovery?
To take advantage of the richest features of a database, including the subject thesaurus or specialized limiters, you may choose to search a specific subject relevant database. For example, Business Source Complete, PsycINFO, and Medline have powerful features only available in their unique interfaces
What is the Worldcat Discovery
The Worldcat Discovery provides a single, unified search box for searching JFM Library's information resources, including scholarly journal articles, books, e-books, internet documents, research reports, and much more. Features of the service include:
- Single, simple entry point for searching many databases at once, including the TAMUT Library catalog
- Pre-indexing of a vast quantity of metadata ensures immediate search results
- Detailed metadata (e.g., author-supplied abstracts,keywords, subjects)
- Indexing for thousands of journals from publishers
- Complete library catalog loaded directly into OneSearch, with real-time availability checks and daily updates
- Ability to limit searches by date, source type, subject, content provider, full text availability, scholarly designation and more
- Powerful, user-friendly interface based on the familiar EBSCOhost platform
Below is an interface for a basic search in the Worldcat Discovery. Full Worldcat Discovery options.
WorldCat Discovery This link opens in a new window
is a cloud-based application that helps people easily find resources available at our library and in libraries worldwide through a single search. It is the public interface to our Integrated Library System.